There are more benefits of cauliflower than you think! It contains vitamins and minerals, namely B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, manganese, phosphorus, protein, potassium. There are also antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, and digestive support.
Cauliflower looks awesome as well. It makes any dish more pleasant to look at, and therefore, more appetizing! But the taste can be boring to some, because its natural taste is neither sweet nor salty. It definitely needs some spices. So, let me introduce to you a simple, easy-to-cook, delicious, and nutritional cauliflower dish – Spicy Cauliflower.
Cooking time (including preparation): 30 minutes
1 large piece ginger (finely chopped)
2 teaspoon chili flakes
2 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoon cumin seeds
small bunch coriander (chopped)
6 tablespoon vegetable oil
optional: broccoli, peas, and chopped carrots (as additional ingredients)
medium –large pan
How to cook:
1. Wash cauliflower. Trim, remove leaves, and cut into smaller pieces.
2. Place a medium-sized pan onto the heat.
3. Pour vegetable oil.
4. Add ginger, cumin seeds, turmeric, and chili flakes.
5. Mix to increase aroma. Reduce heat.
6. Stir in cauliflower pieces.
7. Add more spices and seasonings if necessary.
8. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
9. Transfer cauliflower with spices into a bowl.
10. Finish off with coriander on top before serving.
You may add more spices depending on your taste and level of spiciness that you prefer. If you are serving it to your family with kids, it’s best that you keep the spices as recommended above. You may also include other ingredients as additional, but ensure cauliflower stands out the most, because it’s the main ingredient of the dish. It would just be nice if there are a few pieces of broccoli and chopped carrots.
Spicy Cauliflower is one vegetarian dish that is very easy and quick to cook. It does not need too much preparation on the ingredients, but still provides a result that can actually quench your hunger! Let’s not forget that’s it’s a simple food but highly nutritional one, too.
Please share this delicious recipe with others too!