I always experiment when it comes to green salads. This is one other thing good about vegetables – you can mix about almost any greens! Don’t get me wrong, I do my research, too. What I’m about to share you is the product of that, and my new found favorite so far are the following.
Image source: pinterest
Recipe #1 – Avocado, Corn, and Tomato Salad
Servings: 3 to 4
Image source: the-girl-who-ate-everything
1 ear corn (husk and silk removed, tip chopped off)
2 pints tomatoes (cherry, grape, or pear, halved or quartered)
1 avocado (halved, pitted, peeled, and diced)
2 scallions (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and ground pepper
1. Place the ear of corn in a bowl. Let it stand and slice downward to get the kernels.
2. Add in the tomatoes, avocado slices, scallions, lime juice, and your choice of vegetable oil.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Toss to combine ingredients.
Recipe #2 – Corn Salad
Servings: 4 to 5
Image source: modernmommeals
2 cups corn kernels
1 medium red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed, chopped) or 2 medium-sized tomatoes (chopped)
1 small jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed, chopped)
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/3 cup lemon vinaigrette
salt and ground pepper
1. Toss corn, bell pepper or tomatoes, jalapeno, coriander, and vinaigrette in a serving bowl.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and combine.
Recipe #3 – Cucumber and Yogurt Salad with Feta and Dill
Image source: yummly
2 long cucumbers (end cut off, peeled, and cut from lengthwise to cubes)
3/4 cup fresh dill leaves (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (fat-free)
1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Place cucumber cubes into a serving bowl.
2. Add dill leaves into the cucumber bowl and stir to combine.
3. Stir in yogurt to the cucumber mixture.
4. Gently fold in the feta cheese.
5. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
6. Stir to combine all ingredients for the last time.
Just by the looks of each of these salads, you can immediately imagine the delicious flavor. Simply combine the ingredients, and you’re on the go to taste it! It’s that very simple to create a wonderful dish that you can serve at any occasion, or even just during one of your lazy days!
If you liked this veg salad recipe, Please do share it with family and friends by clicking the share below.