These cute, small leafy greens are delicious and healthy. Add some spicy flavor to make it more interesting. Here are different ways on how you can cook Brussels sprouts.
#1 – Stir-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Chili
The blend of fresh garlic and strong chili can make Brussels sprouts even tastier.
Image source: bonappetit
4 cups Brussels sprouts (halved)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons garlic (thinly sliced)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon red chili
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup vegetable broth
ground white pepper
1. Boil salted water and blanch Brussels sprouts for a few seconds only. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and stir garlic. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Turn the heat up and toss in the Brussels sprouts.
4. Pour the soy sauce sugar, red chili, ground white pepper, and vegetable broth.
5. Stir once and let it boil.
6. Taste to see if soy sauce, sugar, or chili needs to be added more.
7. Stir in garlic.
Image Source: allrecipes
#2 – Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Agave and Spicy Mustard
Roasting this veggie is also a healthy cooking method. And with spicy mustard, the dish becomes a mere delight.
2 pounds Brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved lengthwise)
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons spicy mustard
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375-degree Fahrenheit.
2. Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Spread the veggies onto a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Let it roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. While waiting, combine agave nectar and spicy mustard in a bowl.
7. Toss the roasted sprouts in the agave-mustard and coat.
8. Put the sprouts back onto the baking sheet and roast for another 15 to 20 minutes.
Image source: myrecipes
#3 – Brussels Sprouts with Fried Capers and Chili
If you prefer caper, this is the recipe to try. It’s also easy to prepare within 20 minutes.
2 pounds Brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
1/2 cup capers (brined, drained)
1/3 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves (minced)
3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (finely chopped)
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
1. Boil salted water, and toss in Brussels sprouts. Let it blanch for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and stir in capers. Transfer to paper towel and drain.
3. Stir garlic and anchovy fillets in the pan.
4. Add Brussels sprouts in the pan.
5. Sprinkle some chili flakes and stir to coat all ingredients.
6. Constantly stir until the veggie becomes brown.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl or plate.
8. Sprinkle with capers and drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
Image source: keepinitkind
#4 – Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli with Dried Cherries and Almonds
This consists of other veggie and fruits. It’s a perfect salad for lunch or dinner as it contains high dose of vitamins and minerals.
14 to15 Brussels sprouts (stem cut off, slice half lengthwise)
1 small broccoli (cut into florets and stems thinly sliced)
4 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoon maple syrup
1/3 cup and 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (separated)
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup dried cherries
1. Preheat oven to 400-degree Fahrenheit.
2. Spray or drizzle a casserole baking dish with olive oil.
3. In a large bowl, mix Bragg Liquid Aminos, maple syrup, and olive oil.
4. Place Brussels sprouts and broccoli florets in the bowl. Toss to coat all veggies with the mixture.
5. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast over the vegetables and stir to coat.
6. Transfer the mixed vegetables in the baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, with stirring after 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Once baked, remove from the oven and pour the other 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast all over. Toss to combine.
8. Add dried cherries and almonds. Stir, and serve.
Image source: food52
#5 – Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Red Onion, Lemon, and Pecorino
This last recipe is also a good choice for a special dinner, party lunch, or even no occasion at all.
3 cups Brussels sprouts (trimmed, thinly sliced)
1/2 small red onion
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup pecorino Romano (finely grated)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
1. Soak onion slices in a bowl of cold water.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Add olive oil and mix.
3. Place sprouts in a serving bowl. Add the onion slices and pour dressing. Toss to coat and mix.
If you like this delicious dish then please do share awesome recipe with your friends and family!