I’d never go to the grocery store without checking if my cabinet has run out of spices. I always make sure I have all my favorite spices and seasonings. From ginger to pimento, saffron to cumin, and turmeric to curry, you can say I’m quite obsessed with spices! For sure, that makes two of us.
It’s not just about flavors that make spices outstanding in dishes. They also contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. These compounds can add to the maintenance of your good health.
Based on the headline, we’re going to learn a new spicy vegetable recipe. It mainly composes of carrots and cauliflower pieces. Below is the recipe, so prepare your note and pencil.
Cooking Time: 45 to 50 minutes
3 large carrots (sliced diagonally)
1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
1 cup cooked quinoa
4 dried figs (sliced)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 cup cilantro (chopped)
For the dressing:
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup raw cashews
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sumac
1. Preheat oven to 375-degree Fahrenheit.
2. Pour coconut oil in a baking dish.
3. Toss carrots and cauliflower florets.
4. Roast for around 40 minutes.
5. Transfer the vegetables into a serving bowl.
6. Add cooked quinoa, dried figs, and cilantro.
7. In a smaller bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients. You can use a blender or a mixer to thoroughly mix them.
8. Add more cilantro and figs over the dressing as garnishes.
9. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes, if desired.
10. Pour the dressing to the vegetables. Mix well to coat.
11. Serve to the dining table.
It takes less than an hour to prepare this salad dish. It means there’s no difficulty serving it even if you daily do it. Plus, the ingredients are not that many. Not to mention they’re all-year round available! You can find them in your kitchen, or else buy at a local store.
Cauliflower and carrots are a palatable combination and it is a healthy dish. Please share this delicious recipe with your family and friends!!