Black beans may be small in sizes, but they’re packed of nutrients may be small in sizes. They are rich in fiber, protein, folic acid, and other vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Overall, they help optimize the digestive and nervous system, regulate blood sugar levels, and prevent cardiovascular diseases and cancer. What else can you ask for?
To make your black bean dish more appetizing and taster, add some chili. Here is a great recipe you can try for yourself and your family.
1 pound black beans (rinsed, dried)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
3 medium yellow onions (diced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound baby portabella mushrooms (sliced)
1 cup of fresh tomatoes (crushed)
1 quart vegetable broth
1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 green onions
cheddar cheese (shredded)
1. Soak black beans in water for 12-24 hours at room temperature.
2. Heat oil in pan.
3. Stir in garlic, onion, and mushrooms. Sauté.
4. Pour chili powder, chipotle powder, and kosher salt. Continue sautéing.
5. Rinse black beans and transfer into a slow cooker. Cook for 10 hours.
6. Add mushroom mixture into the beans.
7. Pour vegetable broth and tomatoes. Cover and continue cooking for another 10 hours.
8. Transfer into a serving bowl.
9. Sprinkle with cheese.
10. Garnish with sour cream and green onions.
Black beans are healthy food ingredient to add to your diet. Such dishes taste better if they’re spicy. With this particular recipe, it may take hours to prepare and cook, but it’s worth it. This is also a great idea to serve for a small party, such as a family reunion and a birthday dinner. So, bring up the spice to your food with this delicious and nutritious recipe!
If you loved this delicious and nutritious recipe then please do like and share it with others also!!!