Carrot is rich in lycopene, along with other essential nutrients. You can eat it raw, make a soup, or add to a veggie dish. Another great idea is to shred and bake them so you can create a beautifully looking and delicious cake.
You have probably tasted the simplest carrot cake and you found it yummy. Well, you can upgrade its taste by adding some nuts! Yes, any nuts that you want can complement the rich flavor of this cake. Below is the list of ingredients and methods on how to bake a carrot cake with nuts.
Image source: digitalnotions
Image source: foodboozeshoes
Image source: ohnuts
Carrot Cake with Macadamia Frosting and Nut Toppings
Servings: 8 to 12
2 large carrots (peeled)
2 cups dates (seeds removed)
1 and 1/2 cups almond meal or flour
1/2 cup organic coconut (shredded or desiccated)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the macadamia frosting:
2 cups macadamia nuts (soaked for 2 hours)
2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup organic maple syrup
1/2 or 1 cup water (add more if needed)
Nuts of your choice (chopped)
A food processor
A pan or tin
Wax paper or parchment paper
1. Prepare the frosting: blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
2. Chop carrots into small bits. Throw in a food processer.
3. Add flour, dates, coconut, and cinnamon into the food processor.
4. Line a pan or tin with parchment or wax paper.
5. Pour half of the batter into the pan.
6. Press evenly and firmly with a spoon.
7. Spread some macadamia frosting.
8. Put the pan with the mixture and frosting into the fridge.
9. Remove the pan from the fridge once the frosting freezes or is hard.
10. Pour the remaining cake mixture into the pan. Spread and press.
11. Add the rest of the frosting on top.
12. Refrigerate again until the frosting becomes hard.
13. Remove the fridge and sprinkle with your choice of nuts.
14. Slice and serve.
Image source: mindbodygreen
This kind of recipe can be executed and enjoyed by your kids, too. It’s very easy to make without the use of the oven. There’s no even the need to wait for long minutes. And the most important of all is the product, this cake really tastes good, and healthy as well! So go ahead make some and have a fun tasting this version of the carrot cake.
If you liked this recipe then please feel free to share it with your friends and family!