Whether it’s your first time to try something new in the kitchen or just really have the habit of cooking at most occasions, this list of dishes is what you need.
Image source: phamfatale
#1 – Ma-Po Tofu
Tofu mixed in vegetables is always a complete meal. Let’s add chili and healthy sauce for a more unique flavor.
12-ounce silken tofu
3 tablespoons tapioca starch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon black bean sauce
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
14-ounce can low sodium vegetable broth
4 tablespoons canola oil
1 fresh Serrano chili pepper (sliced)
4 teaspoons garlic (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup green beans (chopped)
1/2 cup red bell pepper (sliced)
1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
1 cup shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
2 green onions (thinly chopped)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cilantro (coarsely chopped)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Drain and slice tofu into two (horizontally). Cut into 1/2-inch cubes, and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix tapioca starch, soy sauce, black bean sauce, vegetable broth (1/3 cup), and chili garlic. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Toss a teaspoon of garlic. Add all green beans and a pinch of sea salt. Stir to combine ingredients. Remove from the pan after 3 to 5 minutes and transfer to a small bowl or plate.
4. Heat another teaspoon of oil in the same pan. Add a teaspoon of garlic, and then bell pepper. Season with salt and stir to combine. Transfer to a separate plate.
5. Add oil in the pan and stir in a teaspoon of garlic. Toss carrots and sprinkle with salt. Transfer to a third plate.
6. Pour another teaspoon of oil. Add the rest of the garlic and shiitake mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and stir to combine. Transfer to another plate.
7. Add the remaining oil in the pan. Toss Serrano chili peppers. Pour the rest of the vegetable broth and let it boil.
8. Mix the tapioca mixture, and add into the pan. Stir to combine all ingredients.
9. Pour each of the fried vegetables and tofu.
10. Add a few tablespoons of water if necessary.
11. Add green onions after 2 to 3 minutes. Stir but gently.
12. Remove from pan and transfer to a serving bowl.
13. Season with black pepper and cilantro.
14. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve with rice.
Image source: 101cookbooks
#2 – Cashew Curry and Coconut Milk
For some fiber-rich dish, this vegetable recipe that features cashews and curry will become one of your newest favorites.
1 cup whole coconut milk
1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
1 medium garlic clove (chopped)
1/2 large red onion (chopped)
1 cup green beans (cut into 1-inch)
1 1/2 cups cauliflower (cut into tiny florets)
4 ounces firm tofu (cut into small cubes)
1/3 cup cashews (toasted)
a handful of cilantro (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup water
1. Pour half of coconut milk in a pot and let it simmer.
2. Add curry powder and salt, and whisk.
3. Add red onion and garlic. Stir to combine and coat ingredients.
4. Pour the other half of coconut milk. Add water, and tofu. Stir once or twice.
5. Stir in green beans and cauliflower. Cover and continue simmering.
6. Remove the ingredients from the pot and transfer into a serving bowl.
7. Sprinkle with cashews.
8. Add more salt or curry powder if necessary.
9. Season with cilantro and serve.
Image source: willcookforfriends
#3 – Linguini and Broccoli over Spicy Peanut Sauce
The combo of vegetable linguini and broccoli may sound weird, but pour that with spicy peanut sauce, it could be the best paste you’ve ever tasted.
2 large heads of broccoli (cut into florets)
2 to 3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon oil (canola or peanut)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger powder or 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
peanuts and scallions (chopped for garnish)
For the sauce:
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 to1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons molasses
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Mix water and salt in a pot and bring to boil. Toss linguine and stir occasionally. Drain and set aside.
2. Pour oil in a pan. Stir in broccoli florets for a minute.
3. Add garlic and grated ginger or ginger powder.
4. Add tofu
5. Pour in soy sauce and stir.
6. Remove broccoli from the pan, transfer to a bowl or plate, and set aside.
7. In the same pan, pour peanut butter and hot water. Stir to combine ingredients.
8. Mix apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, molasses, and cayenne pepper.
9. Pour the remaining hot water. Continue stirring for a minute.
10. Place linguine in a serving plate.
11. Add broccoli to the linguine. Mix to combine ingredients.
12. Pour sauce and combine.
13. Season with peanuts and scallions.
Image source: realsimple
#4 – Spicy Coconut Noodles
8-ounce rice noodles
1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk (unsweetened)
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon chili paste or sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
8 ounces bean sprouts
16 basil leaves
3 scallions (thinly sliced)
1/4 cup coconut (shredded, toasted)
1. Bring water to a boil. Add noodles and stir. Drain, transfer to a serving plate, and set aside.
2. Toss coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, chili paste or sauce, and salt in a saucepan. Stir to combine ingredients. Let it boil.
3. Reduce heat and continue simmering for 2 more minutes.
4. Pour the sauce over the noodles. Toss to combine.
5. Top with bean sprouts, scallions, basil leaves, and coconut. Serve.
Image source: spicytasty
#5 – Kalan
This South Indian dish is also a good treat at any occasion. If you haven’t, you should try it.
1 raw plantain
1 cup yam (cubed)
3/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1/2 cup coconut (shredded)
2 green chilies
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 and 1/2 cups yogurt or buttermilk
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
6 to 8 curry leaves
1 dried red chili
1. Mix pepper powder and water. Strain pepper powder using a thin cloth. Add into a pan.
2. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, and salt into the pan.
3. Toss in vegetables into the pan. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes.
4. Dry roast fenugreek seeds and let it cool. Grind until become powder.
5. Grind coconut, green chilies, and cumin seeds. Add a little water.
6. Pour the ground paste over vegetables. Stir to combine ingredients. Continue cooking over low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Pour buttermilk and mix. Bring to a boil before turning off the heat. Transfer to a serving bowl.
8. Sprinkle the mixture with fenugreek seeds and stir.
9. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
10. Add dried chili into the mustard seeds, and roast.
11. Toss curry leaves and stir once. Turn off the heat.
12. Season mustard and curry mixture over the vegetable and coconut mixture. Serve.
Image source: food52
#6 – Spicy Eggplant Pasta
Another pasta to try, but this recipe features eggplant. And, yes it’s spicy!
1 pound linguine pasta
2 eggplants (cut crosswise into 1-inch)
3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
1 onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
2 cups plum tomatoes (chopped)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (plus extra for finishing)
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (plus extra for finishing)
1. Lay eggplant slices on a baking sheet. Season with salt on both sides. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 425-degree Farenheit.
3. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over salted eggplant. Toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle with more salt and add black pepper.
5. Roast the eggplants in the oven for around 20 minutes.
6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan.
7. Toss onions and garlic. Sauté over low heat.
8. Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, and pepper flakes. Stir occasionally.
9. Check the eggplant and remove from the oven. Cut into 1-inch pieces and toss into the sauce.
10. Continue simmering over low heat.
11. Cook pasta with salted water. Bring to a boal. Drain and place on a serving plate.
12. Pour the sauce over pasta.
13. Top with red pepper flakes and basil.
Image source: foodrepublic
#7 – Rapini with Lemon and Chili
Rapini, which is also called as broccoli rabe, can make a great salad, especially with lemon zest and chili!
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon zest (finely grated)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes ( stemmed and sliced)
1 bunch rapini (stem ends chopped off, and slice into 1-inch pieces)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Whisk olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes together.
3. Toss rapini pieces into the boiling water and let it blanch for 30 seconds. Drainand transfer to a bowl.
4. Pour the chili mixture over the rapini pieces.
5. Toss to combine ingredients.
6. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Serve.
Overall, these delicious and healthy choices of recipes are quick to make. Whether you go home for lunch, prepare dinner for the whole family, or have a special party, these foods can satisfy people. Go ahead, try them, and you’ll love the taste!
If you found this information useful please feel free to share by clicking one of the share button below.